Friday, August 5, 2011

Not all love stories get the fairytale ending.

I recently watched "Anna and the King" and was pleasantly surprised that I liked it so much.  I think one of the main reasons is because it didn't have the fairytale ending I am so trained to expect.


As a female, every romantic comedy- or really every movie- makes me long for this impossibly perfect and unlikely husband that will sweep me away in this romantic and unique way and we will live happily ever after.  I know that life doesn't usually (or ever?) turn out that way, but somehow I can't stop dreaming that it might come true.


But this movie validated one love story I've known to be true, one that left us oceans apart.  Not because of any ill feelings or tragedy or any single thing.  We were separated simply because God desired to use us, in different parts of the world and in different ways, to bring His kingdom to earth.


"It is always surprising how small a part of life is taken up by meaningful moments. Most often they are over before they start although they cast a light on the future and make the person who originated them unforgettable."


There isn't much point to this, except that watching this movie brought me peace, and reminded me that our lives are bigger than the fairytale-romantic-comedy-lovestory-that-only-happens-in-the-movies that I dream of finding.

No comments:

Post a Comment