Monday, July 25, 2011

reality

The reality I know to be true
Is not the reality I see all around me
I believe Your Word- that love conquers all
But I see hatred conquering individuals
And I know it's killing me
Murder is justified as long as it's done to the right person
As if we could actually judge who that is
Laws are designed to protect the comfortable from discomfort
And keep the hurting in slums, out of sight
How are such laws in any way just?
And why don't we see the irony?
Kill the murderer, steal from the poor
Chase away the homeless, kick the wounded while they are down

But You, You showed us another way
You explained that it would seem upside down
You embraced the great cost, for all to see
And revealed that it would be totally worth it
Your kingdom come, Your will be done
On earth now, as it is in heaven eternally
Burden my heart with the weight of this prayer
And transform my life, that I might do my part
Because I want to not just know the reality of Your victory
I want to see it in the world around me

No comments:

Post a Comment