Thursday, September 10, 2015

You'll See Me Tomorrow

You'll see me tomorrow... because I have 3 nephieces and they are the most important people in my life and they need the love and support of their GuTze. Because #NaomiGirlfriend has a long ways to go and no one will get her there like I can and no one can take care of her like I can. Because there are kids and families that I've poured my life into and they into me and we are meant to do this life thing together. Because there's more bubble tea to enjoy, more Chicago deep dish pizza to devour, more Korean BBQ and kimchi to savor, more of Jamie's chocolate chip cookies to try to only eat a couple at a time but fail every time. Because I have dreams that haven't happened, visions not yet realized. Because there are tears to cry and laughs to laugh and silent moments to be embraced. Because there are words to read and words to write, words to be said and words to hear. Because so many more adventures await. Because I promised Ireland I would come back. Because of hugs. Because I'm a drummer and drummers keep rockin their beat whether anyone wants them to or not. Because my mom and dad don't want to bury their daughter and parents just aren't supposed to have to bury their kids. Because what was the point of staying this long if I'm not willing to fight another day? Because my story matters and for it to have the greatest impact, I need to be the one that tells it. Because there are sunrises and sunsets and clouds and stars that have yet to leave me in awe. Because there's music I still haven't heard and music I want to hear again. Because there are more Out of the Darkness overnight walks to walk. Because I have the most amazing people in the world in my life and we need each other- I don't just need them, they need me too. And ultimately, because it isn't up to me- it's for God's Name's sake that my life is preserved (Psalm 143). I'll see you tomorrow because suicide doesn't get to win.

#stopsuicide #wellseeyoutomorrow #suicidepreventionweek #suicideprevention #twloha @afspnational #worldsuicidepreventionday #wspd15

No comments:

Post a Comment